192. Preparing For Your Speech
Preparing for your speech is an important aspect of giving a great talk and here to give us her trade secrets is Melanie Deziel.
If you’ve been here before you know Melanie is a frequent co-host of the show and she joins us again on The Speaker Lab to give you a breakdown of her personal speaking preparations.
We give you a behind-the-scenes look at how we each rehearse and get ready for the stage. We specifically talk about music we listen to, food we eat or don’t eat, how much we hydrate, and what else we do in the hours leading up to the talk. Get your head right and body right before you take the stage, hear how on this edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How far ahead of time should you have your content down pat?
- How to use voice recording to help you in preparing for your speech.
- Why not to touch your content the hour before you go on stage.
- What is the best way to prepare your voice for your speech?
- Should you work out the day you are speaking?
- What to do backstage before giving your talk.
- What else should you schedule for your gig day?
- How to find out if there’s a courtesy clock or countdown clock before you go on stage.
- And so much more!
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn
- Episode 166 with Shawn Stevenson
- Free Speaker Workshop
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review