Scott Stratten is a phenomenal professional speaker who has been in the business well over a decade, and today he tells us what he’s learned about how to stay relevant as a speaker.
We also talk about Imposter Syndrome why even the most accomplished speakers are not immune, and his latest book, The Jackass Whisperer.
This is a fun conversation full of Scott’s trademark honest wisdom so join us for episode 259 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Do you have to be the expert on something before you speak on it?
- Why it’s not keynote or bust in the speaking world.
- What it means to follow your grain.
- Why did he have to focus on non-Canadian markets at a certain point?
- What is his advice for people who think they’ll “make it” once they sign with a bureau?
- Why is he pivoting with his next book?
- What is his biggest issue with the speaking world?
- How and when does he say no?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “It’ll never hurt your speaking career to get more knowledge in your field and share that knowledge.“ Scott Stratten
- Scott Stratten’s web site
- The Unpodcast
- The Jackass Whisperer, by Scott Stratten
- Scott’s other books
- Scott Stratten on Twitter
- My breakdown of Scott’s talk
- Schedule a free call with our team!
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
- Read show transcripts here