259. How to Stay Relevant with Scott Stratten
We also talk about Imposter Syndrome why even the most accomplished speakers are not immune, and his latest book, The Jackass Whisperer.
This is a fun conversation full of Scott’s trademark honest wisdom so join us for episode 259 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Do you have to be the expert on something before you speak on it?
- Why it’s not keynote or bust in the speaking world.
- What it means to follow your grain.
- Why did he have to focus on non-Canadian markets at a certain point?
- What is his advice for people who think they’ll “make it” once they sign with a bureau?
- Why is he pivoting with his next book?
- What is his biggest issue with the speaking world?
- How and when does he say no?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “It’ll never hurt your speaking career to get more knowledge in your field and share that knowledge.“ Scott Stratten
- Scott Stratten’s web site
- The Unpodcast
- The Jackass Whisperer, by Scott Stratten
- Scott’s other books
- Scott Stratten on Twitter
- My breakdown of Scott’s talk
- Schedule a free call with our team!
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
- Read show transcripts here