Inevitably you’ll run into some issue before, during or right after you give a talk. Do you know how to prepare for when things go wrong as a speaker? Both my co-host and I do and that’s what we’re talking about on today’s show.
Our co-host Melanie Deziel is back for her 3rd segment: the blooper reel. On episode 173 we talk about how to respond to any number of potential scenarios and pitfalls as a speaker.
You’ll find out what to do if you are running late, having travel issues, if you’re feeling sick, how to handle tech issues, if your time is cut short or if you have a difficult audience member.
Today we’ll pull open the curtain to share our best and worst stories, buckle up and join us because there’s plenty to learn¬†on episode 173 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why avoid traveling the day of your speaking engagement.
- How to think two steps ahead and always have a Plan B in place.
- How do you know if you should go on stage when you’re sick?
- Why keeping the same routine is just as important on the road as it is at home.
- What are the two technologies that never work for speakers, and how can you avoid using them?
- Why you should never apologize.
- What do you do if someone heckles you or shows off from the audience?
- Should you call out the elephant in the room when you’re speaking?
- And so much more!