“Speaking is a platform to share a message and a story that could transform somebody’s life.”
This week, Grant is joined by Dan Martell to talk about how to create a nontraditional speaking career. For Dan, speaking isn’t about the money. It’s a way to spread his message and impact lives. Want to leverage your speaking to create long-term value and develop strong relationships? This is the episode for you.
“If you ever have the opportunity to get on a stage to communicate to other people, you better bring your A game. Because he said that is the highest honor ever.”
In this episode, Grant and Dan cover how to:
- Leverage platforms to share your message
- Create a speaking career that isn’t your sole income
- Use speaking for brand building
- Find your niche and speak for impact to the audiences you resonate with the most
- Get better at speaking with repetition
- Play to your strengths as a speaker
- Assess the intangible benefits of a speaking career
“I you have the honor and the privilege of getting on a stage, you should decide to be world class at that craft, and doing the reps is part of it.”
- [00:03:59] When did Dan start coding and why?
- [00:05:22] What mindset do you bring to the speaking events you take?
- [00:07:45] How to build your confidence as a speaker.
- [00:13:57] Dan’s thoughts on structuring a talk.
- [00:19:38] Using speaking to build a brand vs it being the “product” you sell.
- [00:21:47] Creating content for the brand through your daily actions.
- [00:24:02] What it looks like to use your empire to change lives.
- [00:30:16] The importance of testing content and staying agile.
- [00:31:05] How to play bigger in the marketing/branding space
- [00:35:11] Balancing Dan’s schedule and buying back his time.