Should you ever speak for free or accept a lower fee? Today my co-host Melanie Deziel and I are answering both of those questions for you.
We specifically talk about why money isn’t the only reason to speak, and what the other benefits and non-monetary perks are which you can negotiate as a speaker.
We’ll also cover how to build your business beyond the stage, speak to build your credibility and your visibility, and give examples of when we’ve both been willing to speak for a reduced fee or even for free.
Join us for those topics and more. And when you’re done let us know if you like this co-host format on episode 174 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How to know if the audience you’re speaking to has the potential for spin-off business.
- What is pay-to-play and why should you watch out for it?
- How can you sell from the stage without being pushy?
- What travel perks can you negotiate?
- What should you do if an organization doesn’t have a budget or cannot pay your fees?
- A free tool to find out how much you should be charging.
- How can you volunteer with your speaking talents?
- When you should speak “for exposure” and when you shouldn’t?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “Always negotiate value for value.”
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Episode 35 of TSL with Matthew Kimberley
- Episode 39 of TSL
- Episode 80 with Cole Hatter
- TSL podcast archives
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn
- Elite Speaker Workshop
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review