If there’s one thing nearly all entrepreneurs and business owners have in common it is the desire to live a life of significance. We want to do something that matters, something that makes a positive impact in the world. A great example of this is our guest on today’s episode of The Speaker Lab, Mr. Aaron Walker.
Aaron has been self-employed and owned a business of some variety since the age of 18; he hasn’t worked for anyone else in 38 years! In all of those years, he has experienced the full spectrum of the entrepreneurial journey: the highs, the lows and everything in between. On our 133rd edition, he talks candidly about that journey, especially the life-altering experiences.
We also talk about his advice for managing the roller coaster ride of being your own boss, and why he came out of retirement to coach (including who encouraged him to do so!). Today Aaron Walker is a coach, best-selling author, podcaster and acclaimed speaker, and he’s our guest on this edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why does he love coaching the most of any of the 12 businesses he has owned?
- Why you have to give any idea at least two years.
- Is work-life balance a myth?
- The thing that holds most people back, and how to not let it stop you.
- What is the enemy of excellence?
- How and why should you get true and honest feedback?
- The power of promoting others: why it works and how to do it.
- How has he managed his focus in his businesses over the years?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “Fear missing opportunity more than you fear failure.” – Aaron Walker
- Aaron Walker’s website
- Aaron Walker’s podcast
- View From The Top, by Aaron Walker
- Aaron Walker on Twitter
- The 12 Week Year, by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
- 7 Proven Steps to Finding And Booking Paid Speaking Engagements
- The Speaker Lab Summit
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review