Can publishing a book help your speaking career? It can and here to explain how to get a book deal is my friend Chad Allen. Chad has 20 years of publishing experience under his belt, including being the head of the Baker Books division of The Baker Publishing Group.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, we’re going to talk about how to create your book proposal, why and how to follow authors in your space, how to contact potential publishers, and much more.
Chad has been extremely instrumental behind the scenes of my own book deal and publishing process so I wanted to share his advice with you. Join us on to hear what we’ve been up to along with his advice for you on how to get a book deal on episode 204 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why you need a business plan for your book.
- What are the six major elements of a book proposal?
- Do you always need a book agent?
- How do publishers decide which books to publish?
- What are the key metrics a publisher uses when evaluating your platform?
- What is the #1 reason publishers turn down a proposal?
- How many email subscribers do you need at a minimum?
- What are the three forms of credibility and how does a book give you all of them?
- And so much more!
- Chad Allen’s web site
- Chad Allen on Twitter
- Episode 199 of The Speaker Lab
- 5 Insider Secrets to Landing a Book Deal webinar
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Free Speaker Workshop
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review