In previous episodes, we’ve talked about the important role a book can have in furthering your career as a speaker. It’s a great marketing tool to open more doors and get your foot into and through those doors!
Our guest for today’s show, Chadwick Cannon, is here to share his publishing experiences working with speakers and helping them spread their messages far and wide.
On episode 90 of The Speaker Lab, he explains his history in the publishing world, as well as the upside and drawbacks to working with a publishing house.
We also get into what he does with his digital agency today, and the best way to amplify your speaking brand with your book. There’s all of that and more on this edition of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why you have a built-in distribution channel, and may not even know it!
- What are the pros and cons of self-publishing?
- What does APE stand for and why should you know?
- How to be taken seriously as a self-published author.
- What’s the value in a publishing relationship?
- What percentage of proposals are actually picked up by a publishing house?
- Should you ever give your book away for free?
- How and why to peak people’s interest in your book during your speech.
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “A physical book out in the wild is your best marketing tool.“
- Chadwick Cannon web site
- The Author Coaching Network
- Chadwick Cannon on Twitter
- What If My Book Doesn’t Earn Out?, by Chip McGregor
- Ape, by Guy Kawasaki
- The Speaker Lab Facebook group
- Top Speakers Tips
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review