The true key to your speaking business is knowing how to expand your business beyond the stage, and applying what you know. David Loy is going to share that knowledge with you on today’s show so you can apply it after you listen!
David has been involved in the speaking industry in many capacities for over a decade. Today much of his time is devoted to helping the career of Andy Andrews, the author of The Traveler’s Gift.
In fact, that book is what propelled David into the speaking industry. After reading it, David was so moved he reached out to Andy’s team. That email would lead David to his first job as an agent with Premiere Speakers Bureau and eventually to his role today managing Andy’s career.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, we talk more about that story, and also how David has helped Andy expand his business from speaking and consulting to online memberships. David gives us a breakdown of Andy’s revenue from speaking, coaching, books, online memberships, etc.
You’ll also hear him give his advice on the next steps to create additional services and products beyond speaking. Join us for that and more on the 180th edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why is speaking a high-paying manual labor job?
- What are the two ways to maintain or grow your revenue without adding more speaking gigs?
- How can you capitalize on the people in your audience?
- How best to position yourself as both a speaker and a consultant.
- What questions should you be asking prior to your keynote?
- What is a “noticer” and why should you want to be one?
- How have Andy’s books opened doors for him that otherwise would have been closed?
- How to avoid being a speaker who speaks only to sell your own products.
- And much more!