272. How to Turn Your Clients Into Fans with David Meerman Scott
Today on the Speaker Lab, we talk about how to turn your clients into raving fans, and how he can talk about a general topic that applies to many audiences while still standing out in the marketplace. We also discuss how he landed speaking gigs on Tony Robbins’ stages, something he does frequently.
Plus you’ll want to stay tuned til the end when he tells one of the BEST stories! It’s a nightmare for any speaker, but it’s hilarious so join us to hear it on episode 272 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How did he book a gig on Antarctica?
- Why do Tony Robbins’ speakers give away everything during their talks?
- What is newsjacking and why is it so beneficial for speakers?
- Why he doesn’t read or listen to other content in the marketing niche.
- What is the first step in how to turn your clients into fans?
- Are there scientific reasons for hanging around after you give your talk?
- How can hashtags help you connect with people after a speech?
- Why does he do yoga before he speaks?
- And so much more!
Tweetable: “I want the speech to be about the audience and how they can build fans.” – David Meerman Scott
- David Meerman Scott’s web site
- Fanocracy, by David Meerman Scott
- David Meerman Scott on Twitter
- New Rules of Marketing and PR, by David Meerman Scott
- The Successful Speaker, by Grant Baldwin
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Ready for more speakers? Join our free speaker workshop
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
- Read show transcripts here