220. How to Get Started as a Speaker with Jason Hewlett
Today Jason Hewlett is a professional speaker and entertainer, but like many people he had no idea where to start. He had the dream and the desire, but he needed a plan.
On today’s episode we talk about how he got a plan in place and took action. We also discuss how he went from performance-based speaking with impressions and impersonations to more serious keynote speeches. You’ll hear his tips and ideas on those topics and more on this edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why does he prefer the keynote closing session?
- How did following up after gigs help build his business from scratch?
- Why event planners are in the risk-mitigation business, and how you can help.
- How did he keep integrity with his fees?
- What advice does he give to people moving from one niche to another?
- Why speaking is a humbling business.
- Why he always takes a selfie with a client, and what he does from there.
- What’s the value of having relationships with other speakers?
- And so much more!