If you are wanting to learn how to speak effectively in two different markets our guest today is your source! Typically I tell people not to speak to two markets but John Michael Morgan has done it quite successfully.
On this episode of The Speaker Lab, John tells us how he speaks in the business and faith-based markets, how he does it effectively and how he uses speaking in different markets as a way to stand out from the crowd.
While I’m typically not a fan of having a foot in more than one market, John is a master at doing this. He started out focusing on speaking to leaders which led to his initial start in the business world. Originally he was focused on staying in that lane. But over time he realized he wanted to touch people in the faith market, and take his message to a more global audience. Today you’ll hear how he did it and much more on episode 182 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How did he approach his first speaking gigs in the faith world?
- What role does emotion play in business speaking settings versus in church/faith settings?
- What is a mistake he often sees speakers make?
- Why can he afford to pick and choose gigs or miss out on some all together?
- What does he say when potential clients ask if he is right for their event?
- Why does he put his “marketer hat” on when speaking in some faith situations?
- What does he suggest if you are in one market and want to start speaking in another?
- Did the faith world come to him, or did he go to them?
- And so much more!