Should you use slides as a speaker? Some say yes, some say no and some say it depends! To weigh on whether or not you should use slides during your speech we’re bringing back our lovely and talented co-host Ms. Melanie Deziel for this edition of The Speaker Lab.
We’ll be debating about the pros and cons of using slides as well as customizing slides, and using text, video and images in your slides. Melanie uses slides in almost all of her speeches, and I rarely use them so you’ll hear both sides!
On next week’s episode, the second half of this interview, we’ll get into the technical side of slides from dimensions to formats to using your own equipment or not. Be sure to visit us again to hear the details, and tune in to episode 190 of The Speaker Lab this week.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How to be sure your slides are enhancing your speech.
- Can you provide two different versions of your slides? If so, how?
- Are there certain fonts and font sizes you should use?
- Why you should sit at the back of the room before your speech.
- What’s the proper way to use images in your slides?
- How can you use slides to add humor to your speech?
- What’s the best way to customize your slides for your audience?
- What contact info should you put on your slides and where should it go?
- And so much more!
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn
- Free Speaker Workshop
- Find and contact potential gigs
- Speaking Fee Calculator
- Booked and Paid to Speak
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review