217. How Being Different is Awesome with Ryan Haack
Ryan Haack is a student in our Booked and Paid to Speak training program, and has had success speaking to elementary schools. Specifically, he talks to elementary school assemblies about a physical difference he has had since birth and why being different is positive.
Also on today’s show we talk about the pros and cons of speaking to elementary schools, including fees and other logistics, plus how he juggles speaking with a full-time job. Join us for those topics and more on episode 217 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What two questions to ask yourself to determine your audience.
- How does he balance speaking to multiple audiences while not being too broad?
- What came first: his book or speaking?
- How do you know you’re doing the right thing?
- What model works best for speaking to elementary schools?
- How does he adjust his speeches according to the age groups in his audience?
- Who is typically the decision-maker he goes through?
- What next steps does he recommend if you are getting started?
- And so much more!