251. Navigating Life Changes as a Speaker with Melanie Deziel
Since her last visit to the show, she’s had some major life changes: like becoming pregnant! Having a child is a major life event and she’ll tell us how she’s changing her speaking business as a result.
Listen in to hear how to navigate a significant change like having a child or any other major life milestone on episode 251 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- What was the most important question she asked herself?
- Are there speaking options that don’t require travel?
- What was one of her fears about sharing her pregnancy?
- How has she navigated planning and booking gigs around her due date?
- What elements has she ramped up to offset the lack of speaking gigs?
- Why did she create a remote mastermind group?
- Should you charge a higher fee to compensate for having fewer gigs?
- How to share expectations with your significant other and family about travel and speaking gigs.
- And much, much more!
Tweetable: “It’s not a lesser version of your mission, it’s a different version.”– Melanie Deziel
- Melanie Deziel’s website
- Melanie Deziel’s book
- Melanie Deziel on LinkedIn
- Melanie Deziel on Twitter
- Melanie Deziel on Instagram
- Episode 203 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 202 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 192 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 191 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 190 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 187 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 186 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 185 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 174 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 173 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 172 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 171 of The Speaker Lab
- Episode 51 of The Speaker Lab
- Booked and Paid to Speak elite program
- Got questions? Send them in here
- Email me!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
- Transcripts for today’s show